Autumn is the season which comes after summer and is before winter and comes once a year. There are four seasons a year which is spring , summer , autumn being the third season and then winter. The first day of autumn in UK is on the 23rd September 2015, on this day the day and night times are equal and when times goes by the days will become more shorter and it will get more darker much earlier in the day.
In some places autumn does not even appear , this is normally in hot countries. In North America the autumn is called fall. In this season thanksgiving and Halloween is celebrated. One of the main features which play a part in autumn is the falling leaves from trees.
• Weather gets colder
• Plants and fruits stop growing
• Less sunlight in the day
• Crops are harvested
• Pumpkins are used in the autumn season
• Animals prepare for the cold weather
• Trees from leaves turn from green to red , yellow or brown
• Trees have less leaves on it and start growing in spring
• Animals start eating more by putting body fat on , for example bears
• In Autumn Apple picking and pumpkin starts growing
• Halloween is celebrated on October 31st during the Autumn season
• Thanksgiving is celebrated during autumn of the fourth week of November
• Autumn is known as ‘hectic beauty’
• Studies shown that autumn kids have a faster development than summer kids do
Autumn is a month where you need to start packing your shorts and all your summer clothes away and unpack all your warm clothes from jumpers to boots and gloves and scarfs as the weather gets cold and colder.